AGM 2016 Update to members
Dear Members / Colleagues,
We recently held our Annual General Meeting on the 20th of April. As a result of this, I would like to inform you of some changes to the committee, and bring some other points to your attention including this year’s Annual Scientific Conference.
1. Executive Members:
See below a list of the new Executive for 2016/2017
- Chairperson: Brian Kearney, Clinical Engineering, Naas General Hospital. 045-843116
- Vice Chairman: Karl Goulding, Oxygen Care, 01-2769700
- Secretary: Meabh Smith, Senior Management, Beaumont Hospital. 01-809 3000
- Vice Secretary: Kieran Healy, Irish Hospital Supplies
- Treasurer: Oleg Shrolik, Clinical Engineering, Naas General Hospital. 045-849937
- Vice-Treasurer / Membership Lead: Leighton Curry, AMNCH
- PRO/Communications Lead: Eoghan Hayden, National Maternity Hospital
- Spectrum Lead: Frank Kelly, St Vincent’s University Hospital
- Education/CPD Officer: Meabh Smith, Beaumont Hospital
- Executive Member: Andrea Fottrell, Beaumont Hospital
- Executive Member: Brian Farrell, Whitewater
- Executive Member: Jason Connolly, AMNCH
- Executive Member: John McGivney, St. Lukes Radiation Oncology Network
- Executive Member: Peter Grainger, Naas General Hospital
It’s worth noting that we have added some new roles to this year’s Executive Committee, namely a Vice-Secretary, Vice-Treasurer / Membership Lead, a PRO/ Communications Lead, a Spectrum Journal Lead and an Education/CPD Officer. We believe these appointments will further rengthen our organisation and assist with achieving our objectives for the future.
We would also like to welcome Andrea Fottrell to the committee this year. I wish everyone the best of luck in their new roles!
2. Annual Scientific Conference:
This year’s Annual Scientific Conference is scheduled to take place on Friday 30th September 2016 in the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Santry, Dublin 9. We are excited to be working with Cardiac Services Ltd as our Gold Sponsor for 2016.
As a result of member feedback, we have once again implemented a multi-sponsorship model to create a more effective atmosphere for our members to network with industry and engineering colleagues. Due to high demand, we have increased the exhibition space, and this is now fully booked – full details of all exhibitors to be published shortly.
We have an interesting and educational day planned for our members, with this year’s theme being ‘Hospital’s Without Walls’. We also have some new awards & prizes up for grabs this year. Keep an eye on our website, and on our Social Media platforms for further details also!
3. Social Event after the Conference:
To celebrate our 21st BEAI Annual Scientific Conference, we plan to host a drinks reception with food and entertainment on Friday evening after the conference. We would like to welcome all to this event – further details to follow.
I am delighted to announce that Meabh Smith has been appointed as our Education / CPD Officer and is currently working hard with the Education Subgroup to develop programmes and education sessions to meet with our members educational needs. Meabh has a long standing reputation in Clinical Engineering and with the BEAI, and we wish her the best of luck with this new role. Further details on Education and Continuing Professional Development will be sent to you all shortly, and feel free to email us with any comments or suggestions you may have at email@example.com
5. Social Media:
Eoghan Hayden has been appointed as our PRO/Communications Lead and will be leading out on various aspects of communication and advertising for the BEAI. We wish Eoghan well in this role and ask that you all like/follow/connect with us on the various Social Media platforms and keep an eye on our website for further news, events and job opportunities.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/BEAI/864969893576075?fref=nf
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/beai
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BEAI_Irl
- Web: www.beai.ie
6. Spectrum Journal:
Frank Kelly has once again taken on the role of Spectrum Journal Lead this year and is working hard with the Spectrum subgroup to publish 3 x high quality Journals each year. If you have any ideas, comments, news items or articles for the Spectrum, please contact Frank on firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of the BEAI, we all look forward to working with you in the coming year and hope that you will continue to enjoy the many benefits of being a member.
Biomedical / Clinical Engineering Association of Ireland (BEAI)