Continuing Education Series - Medical Devices in the Community
Medical Devices in the Community
September 11th, 2019, Tullamore Hospital Training Centre
The Continuing Education Series: Medical Devices in the Community, was developed to give health care professionals a better understanding of medical devices available to the community; an overview of the role of the Clinical Engineer in the Community, and their contribution to improved healthcare and better patient outcomes.
Cost: €10 members /€20 non-members - Includes Refreshments, Lunches & course material
Date: September 11th, 2019
Time: 10.00am – 3.00 pm
The training will give:
- An Introduction/Understanding of the role of clinical engineering within community setting, care of the elderly/community/disability.
- Trainees an appreciation of community services and how these compliment acute hospitals.
- A better understanding of services provided by community based clinical engineers.
Speakers & Topics Include:
- Liam Hackett, HSE Engineering Department – Community Equipment Management
- Ciaran McPhillips, Product Specialist, Therapeutic Supports Surfaces & Manual Handling – Support Network for HSE Community Based Contractors
- Sylvia Stafford, Service & Decontamination Manager, Healthcare 21 – The role of the Engineering Service Provider
- Jimmy Cooney, Regional Sales Manager, Air Liquide – Respiratory Equipment
- Edel O’Sullivan, Business Manager, Healthcare 21 – Nutrition – products and accessories
- Aidan O’ Toole, HSE/Engineering Technician – The Role of an HSE Clinical Engineering Technician – Example: CH08 Area
- Peter Grainger, Principal Physicist / Clinical Engineer; Head of Department of Clinical Engineering, Medical Physics and Facilities; Dublin Mid Leinster – Medical Devices Description
Who Should Attend?
- Biomedical Engineers & Technicians
- Clinical Engineers & Technicians
- Allied Health Care Professionals such as Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Nutritionists, Residential Care Centre Managers and Community Nurses
- Health and Social Care Professionals
This course qualifies for BEAI Certificate of Attendance on Submission of a Learning Participation Document.