Senior Clinical Engineering Technician
Clinical engineering services have responsibility for medical devices and patient related hospital equipment service and support including a rotational on-call provision. The service works with other healthcare professionals and endeavours to support and advance patient care by applying engineering and equipment management skills to healthcare technology.
The Senior Clinical Engineering Technician will be expected to be involved in the direct provision of Clinical Engineering Services throughout the hospital, So will be expected to have reasonable experience of hospital equipment.
Participate in the development of divisional and departmental service plans as required.
- Ensure that allocated tasks and goals are achieved according to patient needs and are compatible with all current legislative safety standards.
- Be responsible for the service and repair of medical devices and dialysis equipment as appropriate throughout the Hospital and specialise in certain areas, as directed by Department Head..
- Train in and be part of the provision of the current On-Call service.
- Assist in the development of the introduction of new technology.
- Assist in the maintenance of a whole hospital equipment management database.
- Assist in the trialling, cost effectiveness and selection of medical devices.
- Provide assistance in the determination of the cost effectiveness of service contracts.
- Participate in the development of divisional and departmental service plans required.
- Provide clinical support for medical devices as appropriate.
- Participate in Hospital Quality and Accreditations process as required.
- Co-operate fully with ensuring compliance with Health and Safety requirements and regulations.